Website DIVISIONS (Over 600 articles to help you to grow in every facet of your life)
Written by Jimmie Burroughs Email to a friend
Science is based on observable evidence. Therefore, it can’t refute that which is obviously true. Neither should science uphold that which can’t be observed and proven true, namely evolution. Our universe is filled with mysteries, many for which remain no answers. Many of the scientific facts recorded in the Bible has taken science hundreds, and in some cases thousands of years to acknowledge and accept. If a person needs collective scientific proof that the Bible is the inspired word of God, there is plenty for which I’m about to show you in ten major categories of concern. This is a very long article, so you may just want to read a sub-topic or so at a time and copy the remainder for another time. It has been my goal to give you a world of knowledge about the Bible in a condensed form; information that many will not know in a lifetime. It is written in an easy to read and understand format.
While the Bible was not intended to be a book of science, it offers some scientific facts written hundreds and thousands of years ago. No other religious book in existence is able to give knowledge completely unknown by man at the time it was written, other than the Bible. Below are 10 incredible things you may not know about the Bible that proves its authenticity beyond the shadow of doubt:
1. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about the earth
“He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion” (Jeremiah 10:12). “For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).
- God Fine-Tuned the Earth for Life: The earth was designed with just the right amount of water to support and to sustain life (Isaiah 40:12). God fine-tuned the earth to have just the right balance of water…more or less water would not support life as we know it. God also fine-tuned the earth for biological life (Isaiah 45:18). The characteristics of earth are so fine-tuned that if any one of them was only slightly different biological life could not exist. God created the earth with just the right systems to support life. Fundamentally there are four systems that have to be precise to support life on earth: The degree the earth is tilted; the time it revolves; has a moon which is at the right distance; the right distance from the sun. Any change in the sensitive balance would destroy all life on earth.
- “The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it turneth about continually in its course, and the wind returneth again to its circuits” (Ecclesiastes 1:6).How do suppose that men of old knew that the wind traveled in circuits thousands of years before it became a proven scientific fact? The only way possible is that God revealed it to them.
- “It is He that sitteth on the CIRCLE OF THE EARTH” (Isaiah 40:42). The word translated circle in this instance does not mean a geometric circle; it means spear or globe. Did Isaiah know something about the earth 700BC that it took science until the 1500s to learn, when Magellan was the first to sail around the earth, and how did Isaiah know? Only God could have given Isaiah this knowledge.
- Around 1500 B. C. it was scientific to believe that the earth was supported on the back of a giant turtle or elephant or on the back of a giant named Atlas, but the Bible clearly spoke of earth being suspended in space: “He…hangs the earth upon nothing” (Job 26:7).
- “By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible” (Hebrews 11:3). Today we know that the earth as well as all matter is made up of the invisible atom, but men didn’t always know that; only God was able to reveal it.
- “Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? “or hast thou walked in the search of the depth (Job 38:16)? Job said that the oceans contained springs. There is no way Job could have known this without God telling him. Only in recent years has man been able to build devices to withstand the enormous pressure of 6,000 pounds-per-square-inch on the ocean’s floor. Until recent years, it was believed that only rivers and rain fed the oceans. It wasn’t until the 1970s that special built submarines were able to travel to the depths of the ocean and discovered that there are indeed springs on the ocean floors!
- “The waters compassed me about, [even] to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head. I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars [was] about me forever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God” (Jonah 2:5-6). Only in the last century have we discovered that there are towering mountains on the bottom of the ocean floor. But Jonah knew it thousands of years ago.
- When Noah built the Ark, God gave him the blue prints including the width and length of the ark (Genesis 6:15). It so happens that those dimensions are perfect for a ship’s stability in stable water. Today ship builders know that the formula for ideal ship dimensions are the length six times that of the width, the same that God gave Noah 4,500 years ago.
- The Bible says that the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur at night while some are asleep, but also during the day while others are working in the field. Of course God knew that the earth revolved with day and night simultaneous at the same time (Luke 17:34–36).
- Ocean currents were Known until nineteenth century when Matthew Maury read Psalm 8:8, written over 3,000 years ago, which described “the paths of the seas’. After reading Psalm 8:8, he researched and discovered specific paths that the ocean currents follow through the seas! Since then marine navigators have reduced by days the time required to cross the seas.
- Modern science declares that a world flood was impossible because there is not enough water above the earth, or under the earth to flood the entire world. That of course does not take into consideration an omnipotent God who created the earth to begin with. The fact that God once flooded the earth, called the Noahic Flood, has long been denied. However there is a load of fossil evidence to prove the flood did happen, which by the way is ignored by most scientists. Fossils are created only when plants and animals die and then decompose rapidly. This occurs when they are buried out of reach of scavengers and bacteria, which is the result of a cataclysmic flood. Fossils are plentiful with billions of them scattered everywhere around the globe.
- Many geologists agree that there is strong evidence that at one time the continents consisted as one large land mass, which supports what the Bible says in Genesis. Continental drift also is inferred in (Genesis 7:11). Recent studies indicate the continents were at some time ripped apart to form the continents as we know them today. According to the Bible, during the global Flood the “fountains of the great deep were broken up.” Apparently this resulted in the shifting and breaking apart of continental plates. Also apparently before the global Flood the earth was subtropical; evidence of this has been discovered in the polar caps. It wasn’t until after the flood that the mention of ice occurred in Scriptures. The ice age is inferred in Job 38:29-30)…Job 37:10says, “By the breath of God ice is given, and the broad waters are frozen.”
- In ancient years it was a mystery how that the mighty rivers flowed into the sea, but the sea never rose. The Hydrological cycle was not known at that time. The Bible in Ecclesiastes 1:7 over four thousand years ago declared that “[God ] draws up drops of water, which distill as rain from the mist, which the clouds drop down and pour abundantly on man” (Job 36:27-28). Men of that day observed rainfall, but they had no idea to its origin. We know today that the hydrological cycle consists of evaporation, atmospheric transportation, distillation, and precipitation in the form of rain just as describe in the Bible. Moisture from the oceans produce rain upon the land which flows into the rivers and back into the seas.
- Pest control has become a severe problem worldwide today as a result of not following God’s instructions in the Bible (Leviticus 25:1-24). God instructed Israel to let the land rest one year out of every seven years when there would be no crops planted. The purpose for this was to keep insects from wintering in the stalks of the previous harvest and hatching out in the spring and laying new eggs in the new crop therefore perpetuating themselves indefinitely. When pests are denied anything to subsist on they are controlled.
- God’s plan was not only to protect the food crop from insects but also protect the land so it would always produce an adequate food supply for his people (Leviticus 23:22). The land was to lay fallow every seventh year, and also the crops were not to be harvested on the corners and sides leaving a protection from wind and water erosion. This also maintained the vital soil minerals needed for abundant crops as well as providing food for those who were less fortunate. Today by not following God’s plan U.S. crop lands lose approximately four billion metric tons of soil each year.
- God has given each creature an instinctive knowledge (Job 39; Proverbs 30:24-28; Jeremiah 8:7). The first time I took my little dog to the lake he jumped right in and began to swim without being taught a thing about swimming. The Monarch butterfly instinctively knows the way to migrate two or three thousand miles to Mexico each year without a map or GPS. Animals instinctively know to mate and reproduce. Evolution has no explanation concerning animal instincts, only Scripture informs us that God game them instinctive knowledge.
2. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about the universe
“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard” (Psalm 19:1-3).
- The universe had a beginning as we read in Genesis 1:1. The biblical view of the beginning of the universe was first supported by the studies of Albert Einstein in the early 1900s, and today, the beginning of the universe is still confirmed by science. At the time the Bible was written it was believed by most people that the universe was eternal.
- Genesis 1:1, 2 revealed some scientific truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C. such as: time; power; space; matter and motion which are exactly the five terms science uses today to express the universe. “In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heaven [space] and the earth [matter] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [motion] upon the face of the waters.” With these five terms God revealed that all aspects of the universe were under His controls.
- The various colors that we observe are the result of reflected light which contains the spectrum of colors. Sir Isaac Newton discovered that white light can be parted into the seven basic colors. Science only discovered this four centuries ago. God revealed it four millennia ago! “By what Way is light parted [which] scattereth…” (Job 38:24).
- At the time when less than 5,000 stars were visible to the naked eye, early astronomers like Hipparchus and Ptolemy tried to count the stars, little knowing that the stars were incalculable. It wasn’t until the 17th century that Galileo formed a crude telescope and pointed it toward the heavens and then gasped when he saw that the stars were innumerable. In Jeremiah 33:22 God said that the stars cannot be numbered. It has been estimated that there are ten thousand billion trillion stars. If you want to write that out, it is 1 followed by 25 zeros! There is no way of knowing if this is anywhere near being correct. We know the number is not infinite for the Bible tells us that the number is in fact finite (Isaiah 40:26). Only God knows the true number of stars. “He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name” (Psalm 147:4). If you would like to count the stars, go to the beach, any beach and start counting the grains of sand and when you finish counting the grains of sand on every beach you will know the number of stars because the Bible compares the number of stars with the sand on the sea shores (Genesis 22:17).
- Some 4,000 years ago God spoke to Job and asked, “Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, or loose the belt of Orion?” It has only been in modern times that we have understood what God meant by that. Job 38:31 describes the Pleiades and Orion star clusters. Pleiades is bound gravitationally, while Orion’s stars have little gravity and are flying apart.
- Only in recent times has it been discovered that the universe is expanding at a tremendous rate of speed; God has said a number of times in Scripture that He stretches out the heavens(Job 9:8; Isaiah 42:5; Jeremiah 51:15; Zechariah 12:1). Early in the 20th century scientists believed that the universe was static; this lasted until 1929 when astronomer Edwin Hubble discovered that distant galaxies were receding away from the earth, and were speeding up the father away they got. God told us that millennia ago, and finally today most astronomers agree with what the Bible says that the universe is expanding!
- Genesis 1:14-16 tells us that God created “lights” in the heavens “for signs and seasons, and for days and years”. The time required for the earth to orbit the sun is a year. As the earth changes position in relation to the sun, it caused the different seasons. The phases of the moon proceed in clock-like precision, constituting the lunar calendar.
- The Bible speaks of the “third heaven” (1 Kings 8:27). It wasn’t until we begin to understand the nature of outer space that we understood that. The first heaven is the atmosphere above earth; the second heaven is outer space and the third heaven on beyond is where God abides.
3. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about health
- Today we understand how crucial sanitation is to good health, but it has only been in modern times that mankind has become aware of all the threats from the unseen world of germs and bacteria. Only in recent years have doctors started washing their hands in running water rather than a bowl. Oddly they never took time to read and follow the instructions of the Bible. The Bible is very specific concerning washing hands under “running water” (Leviticus 15:13).
- Millions of lives could have been saved during the devastating “Black Death” of the fourteenth century had medical professionals followed the instructions of the Bible concerning the handling of dead bodies and quarantining of the sick. Sick patients as well as the dead were kept with the rest of family in the same rooms. It was believed that the cause of the dramatic spread of disease was caused by “bad air” or “evil spirits.” God revealed in Leviticus of the Bible certain medical instructions if followed would have saved untold millions of lives. When dealing with disease, according to Leviticus 15:13, running water should be used to wash clothes and the body. However, for centuries people used stagnant standing water for washing, completely ignoring the instructions of Scripture to wash away germs with fresh running water.
- Long before the principles of quarantine were understood, medical quarantine was instituted in Leviticus 13:45-46 and in Numbers 5:1-4. God’s instructions to the Israelites were to place those with a contagious disease in isolation until they were cured.
- “He who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body” (1 Corinthians 6:18; Romans 1:27). Outside of holy matrimony any sexual relationship is unsafe and dangerous to your health. The Bible warns that those who engage in sexual promiscuity including homosexual sin will “receive in themselves the penalty of their error.” (1 Corinthians 6:18; Romans 1:27). STDs are rampant in society today and some remain un-curable. While billions of dollars are spent searching for cures, the one thing that prevents sexually transmitted disease as found in the Bible is ignored – abstinence.
- King Solomon was the wisest person who ever lived; he got his wisdom directly from God, and it was he who said some 3,000 years ago that, “A merry heart does good, like medicine.” (Proverbs 17:22). Today we know that laughter promotes physical healing. Recent research, for example, indicates that certain stress hormones levels are reduced by laughter. The disease fighting immune system is also brought into balance by laughter.
- The Bible reveals in Proverbs 18:14 and Mark 14:34 that prolonged sorrow or stress is harmful to your health. Chest pain, difficulty breathing, low blood pressure, and even heart failure are symptoms of stress. The high stress society we live in today is causing havoc to otherwise healthy individuals. The solution is placing your faith in an all knowing and loving God who promises you peace and joy in your life.
- We know today the importance of the proper handling and preparation of food, and the dangers of Microorganisms contaminating our food supply. God knew about this danger and warned Israel (Exodus 22:31). The Bible warns “Whatever dies naturally or is torn by beasts he shall not eat, to defile himself with it: I am the LORD” (Leviticus 22:8).
- It has only been in recent decades has the medical science has determined that fat clogs arteries and contributes to heart disease. Thousands of years ago the Bible cautioned against consuming fat (Leviticus 7:23).
- Today we know that blood can contain pathogens and is dangerous to consume, but people did not always have that knowledge, so drinking blood was a common ritual in many ancient religions. The Bible is clear and says plainly do not consume blood (Leviticus 17:12). God repeatedly told Israel to abstain from eating blood (Genesis 9:4; Leviticus 3:17; Acts 15:20; 21:25).
- During ancient times and leading right up till the early 20th century, millions of people died because it was not known how they to protect and treat open wounds. There was not a pharmacy down the road where over the counter medication and prescription drugs could be bought for all types on medical needs. So in those days olive oil and wine was used on wounds. Jesus related the story of a Samaritan man, who encountered a wounded man lying in the roadway and he poured wine and olive oil in his wounds and bandaged him (Luke 10:34). Today we know why wine was used; it contains ethyl alcohol and traces of methyl alcohol which are good disinfectants. Also olive oil is a good disinfectant, as well as protector, and a soothing lotion.
- Even today unsafe drinking water is the cause of more disease and death in the third world than anything else. God forbade drinking from unclean vessels or stagnant water, or water that had been contaminated by dead animals (Leviticus 11:33-36). As recent as the last 100 years medical science has discovered that contaminated water is often the cause of typhoid and cholera.
- Ironically until World War I, there were more soldiers who died from disease than war because of one solitary reason; they did not properly dispose of human waste. Over 3,500 years ago God instructed His people Israel to designate a place outside the camp to relieve themselves (Deuteronomy 23:12-13). They were instructed to each carry a shovel and dig a hole to cover their waste. It is amazing that humans who ignored the laws of Scripture took so long to learn what and ordinary house cat knows to do instinctively.
4. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about life
- The law of Biogenesis was explained in the Bible long before science understood it. (Genesis 1). The law of Biogenesis is that life only comes from existing life. There has never been on observation or experimentation that violates this law. Man has never been able to create life; only God has the breath of life. He created all life. Sometimes animals and plants become extinct as explained in (Jeremiah 12:4; Hosea 4:3), but there has never been a new life form springing into existence as should be the case if evolution was true. The only thing that has been observed is in accord with the second law of thermo dynamics – death and extinction (Romans 8:20-22).
- It wasn’t until the fourteen hundreds that William Harvey discovered that blood circulated through the veins of the body. A full comprehension biological importance of blood in our body has only been recognized in recent years. As recent as 120 years ago, is was believed medically that sick people were to be “bled” as a treatment for illness which resulted in many deaths. Even George Washington, the father of our nation, was bled to death being treated for an illness which he would probably have recovered from normally. The Bible declared over 3,000 years ago, that blood is the source of life: “For the life of all flesh is in the blood” (Leviticus 17:11).
- Life-giving nutrients and oxygen delivered to every cell in the body by healthy blood is necessary to maintain a healthy body. Long before science understood the necessary function of blood to the body, God declared that “the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Leviticus 17:11). Ironically God designed the blood cells to carry nutrition and oxygen to the body and also to carry out the waste. Amazing, the garbage truck also brings the food.
- The Bible’s healthy dietary laws listed a number of foods that should be avoided including sea creatures without fins and scales. The reason was that these creatures feed off the waste on the oceans floor and are more likely to carry disease (Leviticus 11:9-12). There is far less danger today with the knowledge of proper cooking methods. However, there is still some danger from eating raw sea food especially oysters. The Bible also warns concerning eating birds of prey which eat carrion (putrefying flesh) which today are known to often be the carriers of disease (Leviticus 11:13-19). The Bible taught Israel to avoid eating swine (Deuteronomy 14:8). It hasn’t been too long ago since science discovered the reason for that Biblical instruction; eating undercooked pork is a cause of an infection of parasites called trichinosis. Amazing, some 3,000 years ago the Bible forbade the eating of swine, long before science new the dangers.
5. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about race
- Evolution has exacerbated racial discrimination. Blacks are believed to be lower on the evolutionary pole than whites, closer to apes. Therefore, they have a lower status in society. However, the Bible has a different take placing people from all ethnic backgrounds on the same level. God created the entire human race from one blood; actually there is just one race…the human race (Acts 17:26; Genesis 5). Researchers today have proven that all humans descended from one gene pool. In 1995 a study of a cross section of Y chromosomes from a sampling of 38 different men from ethnic groups around the world supported the biblical teaching that all humans are descendents of one man. All ethnic groups have their origin with Noah and his three sons, Ham, Shem and Japheth. The descendants of Noah begin to spread out after the flood and built cities. After the tower of Babel when God confused the languages and assigned various languages to different groups they migrated to different locations across the world and began to take on different features suitable for the environment where they lived. These groups gradually became known a as a particular race or nationality.
- Genesis 11 as mentioned above explains when different major language groups came about and why. When people rebelled against God at Babel, God confounded the one language into many languages and scattered the people. Evolution has no explanation for the thousands of languages.
- According to the Bible God created life according to specific kinds (Genesis 1:24). The fact that God distinguishes kinds, agrees with what the Bible says (Genesis 1:24). According to what scientists have observed – life cannot vary beyond horizontal genetic boundaries. Various forms of life produce after their own kind. One kind of species has never been observed changing into another as evolution supposes. God set natural limits to biological change. Animals produce after their kind and plants produce after their kind. Hybrids can be produced within a species, but the species is not changed to a different kind. A donkey and a horse can inter bred but it stops there; the donkey can’t reproduce a donkey.
- Watson and Crick, during the 1950s, discovered the genetic blueprint for life. In Psalm 139:13-16 – three thousand years ago, in language that is difficult to decipher, the Bible seems to reference the DNA genetic code:“Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect [unformed]; and in Thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.” This sounds like a reference to DNA.
6. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about the body
“I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well “ (Psalm 139:14)
- The Bible says that man is “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139:14). Nothing man has ever invented even comes close to the complexity of human body. The DNA molecule, the eye, the brain, each is so complex and intricate that we only have a small insight into the complexity of them.
- Too marvelous is the body to be a result of random selection as evolution supposes (Psalm 139:14). It amazes me beyond comprehension that a scientific mind could ever suppose that anything as complex and thoroughly planned and constructed as the human body came to be as a result of random selection – an unplanned accident. Experience teaches us that everything that we see has to be planned and carefully built; nothing just happens. No one has ever come near to building a live synthetic replica of a human being because all life comes from God. Never have all the elements of life come together of their own in nature. Even if they did they would only be the building blocks of life. For instance, if bricks formed naturally in nature, they are not going to get together and build a well planned and constructed house. Of course a house is nowhere near as complex as the human body infused with life.
- According to Scripture our bodies are made from the dust of the earth (Genesis 2:7; 3:19). That may seem like a ludicrous claim, but today Scientists have proved through experiments that the 28 base and trace elements that make up the human body are all found in the earth.
- In the Bible the circumcision of newborns was always to be performed on the eight day according to God’s law (Genesis 17:12; Leviticus 12:3; Luke 1:5). Only recently has medical science discovered that in a newborn on the eighth day prothrombin the blood clotting chemical peaks, therefore, this is the safest day to circumcise a baby. How do you suppose Moses knew that?
7. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about prehistoric times
- Where did prehistoric animals come from, and why did they disappear? The Bible teaches that all things were made by the Lord, including dinosaurs, so that answers the question as to where they came from (see John 1:3). Why then did the dinosaur disappear? The answer to that question can be found in Job 40:15–24. God mentions a great creature called “behemoth.” Some believe it was a hippopotamus. That can’t be true because, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but more like a small twig. This largest of all God’s creation had a tail like a tree and its strength was in its hips. God made him and God had the prerogative to end him which he did, “He that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.” (Job 40:19). It was God who caused this huge creature to become extinct; it could have been the flood.
- Evolutionists have long claimed that cavemen are a link in the evolution chain. However, cavemen are mentioned and described in the Bible Four thousand years ago (Job 30:1-8). Job describes them as certain “vile men” who were driven out from society to forage “among the bushes” who “lived in the clefts of the valleys, [and] in caves of the earth and the rocks.” Therefore, “cavemen” were vagabonds and outcasts, and certainly not our primitive ancestors as evolutionists suppose.
8. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about universal laws
- Genesis, which means the beginning, accurately expresses all known aspects of the creation of the universe in the first three verses (Genesis 1:1-3). Science expresses the universe in terms of: time, space, matter, and energy. In Genesis chapter one we read: “In the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter)…Then God said, “Let there be light (energy).” No other creation account refutes the observable evidence of Scripture.
- The First Law of Thermodynamics is mentioned in Scripture although the word thermodynamics isn’t used, the principle of the law is. The quantity of energy and matter in the universe is a constant and does not increase or decrease, although it may change forms; it may be converted from one form of energy to another form of energy. When God said concerning the creation, “It is finished”, that is exactly what He meant (Genesis 2:1-2). Nothing can be assed to what God has created.
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics (Entropy, disorder) controverts the so called law of evolution which contends that everything is evolving and improving. To the contrary things are running down. It is a proven fact that anything left to itself degenerates and does not generate; there is no such thing as perpetual energy (Psalm 102:25-26). The Second Law of Thermodynamics states that the entire universe is running down, deteriorating, and becoming less orderly. Entropy or disorder resulted when Adam and Eve rebelled against God casting the whole human race as well as the universe under the curse of sin (Genesis 3:17; Romans 8:20-22). Evolution directly contradicts the Law of Thermodynamics but science verifies the fact that the universe is growing old and running down. The Bible says the universe is “growing old like a garment” (Hebrews 1:11).
- The Bible says that the sun goes in a circuit (Psalm 19:6). This verse does not teach egocentricity (that the sun revolves around the earth) as some scientists have said; for years scientists insisted that the sun remains stationary. New discoveries, however, have revealed that the sun is in motion, moving through space in a huge circuit, and is traveling at approximately 600,000 miles per hour. The Bible stated that the sun is in motion 3,000 years ago!
- One issue that has baffled scientists for years is what holds everything in the universe together, and keeps things on an orderly track? Physicists do not understand what binds the atom’s nucleus together as well as the universe and all other matter. The Scripture is clear that all matter is held together by Jesus Christ, the Creator (Colossians 1:17). I don’t want to attempt to try and explain “strong and weak nuclear force” but the Bible does address it in (Colossians 1:17; Hebrews 1:3).
- When the Apostle Peter wrote concerning “atomic fission”, he was strictly following the dictates of God; for he or no one else at that time could imagine a force powerful enough to melt stone like it was mere ice (2 Peter 3:10-12). The Bible states that “the elements will melt with fervent heat” and the earth and heavens will “dissolved” by fire. Today we know what happens when the elements of the atom are loosed; it produces tremendous heat capable of melting stone, metal or anything in its path.
- Cosmologists speculate that of the known universe over 98% is comprised of dark matter, and black holes. Black holes and dark matter is a subject of modern day science since the invention of telescopes capable of reaching far out into space. But it was known in the Bible centuries ago (Matthew 25:30; Jude 1:13; Isaiah 50:3). A black hole is composed of a dwarf star which becomes so dense and highly compressed that a portion the size of a pea would weigh tons, and whose gravitational field is so great that not even light can escape its force. Because nothing escapes its surface, there is no measured radiation, and therefore only outer darkness exists. The Bible speaks of “outer darkness” or “the blackness of darkness forever” where the souls of those who reject God exist eternally.
9. Incredible Biblical scientific facts about when life begins
- For years there has been an ongoing controversy about when life actually begins. The abortionists claim, without and scientific facts, that life begins at birth, therefore, it is OK to kill it before birth. The Scripture is clear that life begins at fertilization (Jeremiah 1:5). God in his word says that He knew us before we were born. The penalty for murdering an unborn child in the Bible was death (Exodus 21:22-23). What are the scientific facts concerning when life begins? The irrefutable biological fact is that an entire human being is contained in the fertilized egg. Nothing more needs to be added except nutrition and oxygen. God is the seamstress that knits us together in the womb (Job 10:8-12; 31:15). Long before science understood embryonic development, the Bible accurately described “intricate unity” in the womb.
- What came first the seed or the plant? God first created all plant life which in turn bore seed to reproduce, and in the seed is the life as we read in the Book of Genesis (Genesis 1:11; 29). No one has ever been able to construct a synthetic seed because within the seed is life, and life only comes from God. Although the seed seems to be simple, it is far from it; inside that humble little seed is life itself, a tiny factory of amazing complexity.
- The only instance when life comes forth out of death is a seed which must die to produce new life (1 Corinthians 15:36-38). Jesus said, “Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.” (John 12:24). This verse confirms two fundamental biological concepts: First: New cells can only arise from existing cells. Second: In order to produce more grain a grain must die. Supporting cells from the fallen seed give their lives to provide needed nourishment to the inner kernel. This inner kernel germinates and then produces much grain. This is a picture of how Christ gave his life that we may have new life.
- In the beginning God first created light, next He created water, then soil, and finally He created plant life (Genesis 1). Scientifically we know that plants require sunlight, water, and minerals in order to grow and survive.
10. Incredible Biblical scientific facts concerning Moral depravity, death, justice, eternal life, suffering & God’s remedy
- Moral depravity is “The quality of not being in accord with standards of right or good conduct.” Rejecting God and his word results in moral depravity (Romans 1:20-32). The Bible clearly states that when God and the overwhelming evidence of the truth of his word are rejected, lawlessness will result. Depravity has had a field day since the theory of evolution was introduced in the 1950s and taught in our school system from grade school through college. Its effects have seen an overwhelming increase of abortion, pornography and genocide, which have swept the globe. The new morality beginning in the latter part of the 20th century has brought about a pandemic spread of sexually transmitted disease.
- The Bible says “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27). All people will eventually die, but why must we die? The Bible has the answer; it alone explains why we die “The soul who sins shall die” (Ezekiel 18:20). The Bible teaches that sin is transgression of God’s Law. God’s Ten Commandments are a mirror that shows us that we are all sinners (Exodus 20). Who hasn’t ever told a lie, white lies and fibs included? Who hasn’t stolen something even if it was just a nickel off your mother’s dresser? Who hasn’t ever cheated at one time or the other, perhaps on taxes or on a test? What man has never looked upon a woman and lusted after her? The Bible says we are guilty if we hate someone, or call someone a fool just as much as if we murdered (Matthew 5:21-22; 1 John 3:15). Did you ever use God’s name in vain or Lord, Jesus, or Christ? The Bible calls this blasphemy (Romans 6:23). We die because we have transgressed God’s law.
- God is perfect in every way otherwise he wouldn’t be God, therefore, he is a God of perfect justice (Acts 17:30-31). God has written his law upon our heart – it is our God-given conscience and we know without question that we have sinned against Him, and therefore, we also know that we are due to be judged for our transgressions just as we know when we break the law of the land and are proven guilty we are judged and must pay the price. It is not a matter of being caught for breaking God’s law for he knows every secret sin (Romans 2:16). God the judge has set the penalty for sin as death (Romans 3:23). Man dies physically first, then the judgment, and for the unrepentant the second death – which is eternal separation from God in a place called hell, or the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). God’s justice demands he judge every sin otherwise he would be a liar. No one is ever good enough to satisfy God’s law. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). Thank God He is not only a God of justice but also a God of mercy. He will forgive those who ask him.
- God offers eternal life it to anyone who is willing to receive it through his son, Jesus. “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16). Mankind has been on a quest for the fountain of youth since time began. Scientists have searched endlessly for a cure for aging and death, but without any results. All the time the Bible had the secret. God has provided a remedy for sin and death “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). God wants a loving, eternal relationship with you, a relationship free from all the things that are against us on this earth such as sin, fear, and suffering. In order to settle the issue of our sins He sent Jesus to pay the penalty in out stead on the cross. “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). No one other than Jesus was qualified to pay the penalty for sin because no one else was without sin. Jesus died in our stead on the cross. He fulfilled the Scripture “O death where is thy sting, o grave where is thy victory.” Those who turn from their sins and place their trust in Him will receive eternal life and have victory over death.
- Because mankind is in the state of total depravity, there is no permanent solution to suffering while on this earth (Revelation 21). However, God offers eternal separation from suffering in heaven to all who trust in His Son. In heaven, “God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away” (Revelation 21:4). God loves you and wants to forgive you your sins and take you to heaven to be with him and the angels when your life on earth is done. You can settle the issue forever today, and reserve your place in heaven. Listen to your heart; He is tenderly calling you today. Come to Jesus!
The reason I’ve spent numerous hours researching and writing this article is because I know that over time thousands will read it. Some will be atheist and some agnostics, and still others will be skeptical that the Bible is the true word of God. I’ve tried to be objective in what I’m about to say. I believe that there is enough extant truth and scientific facts presented in this article to prove to anyone that the Bible is from God. Yet I know some will not believe because the Scripture says that, “The god of this age [Satan] has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God” (II Corinthians 4:4). My prayer is that your eyes will be opened that you may see, and know the truth while there is still life, and you can do something about it. After death it will be too late.
It is difficult to understand with all the truths revealed in Scripture, how anyone with intelligence or reasonable thought could deny that the Bible is the supernatural and inspired word of God. Among the world’s religions there is no other book that contains specific scientific truth, not the Koran, Bhagavad-Gita, Vedas, Book of Mormon, or any other. To the contrary they contain unscientific statements. A belief in the Bible isn’t a blind leap of faith, it is a faith well documented and based on established evidence and scientific facts.
No other book proves that it is the inspired word of God other than the Bible. All of life’s questions are answered within its pages. The Bible tells us where we came from and why we are here. The Bible explains the reason for sin, suffering, and death and its remedy. The Bible tells us of the only way to God which is through his son Jesus Christ who is God, “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30). Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6). Jesus died and rose again that we may be forgiven. He said, “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish” (John 10:28). Your choice will determine your eternal destiny. Choose Jesus, choose eternal life. Come to Jesus today!
There are some who will not understand or believe what I’m about to say, but it is true. Last week on Monday I awoke as usual except the first thought that popped into my mind took me by surprise. There were no previous thoughts or actions the day or night before that would invoke such a thought, neither had the thought ever come to mind before. The first thought of the day was, “You are going to write the greatest article you have ever written.” Hmmmm, I thought, wonder what it is going to be about. I’ve written several hundred articles over the past few years and it would be hard to select one of them and say it was the best I’ve ever written. So how is it now that I’m going to write one better than any of them?
The thought came to mind off and on throughout the day. When evening came and it began to get dark, I wondered if I had been wrong about the thought because still no topic had come to mind; well maybe later, there are still several hours before bedtime. Come bedtime there was still no topic; the next day still no topic. So I put the thought aside and begin thinking about just writing another article to post. Two topics came to mind and were completed and posted. They were not too bad, but far from being the best I’d ever written.
During the day another thought, a familiar one, came to mind, but one that had seen no action in years. It was the thought to clean out and organize the overhead storage space in the motorhome, which was crammed full, and wouldn’t hold another thing. This was the kind of thought that is easy to brush aside until another day or still better another year. Nevertheless, the thought was too compelling to ignore this time, so I got busy on the first of two sections that contained three storage areas each. It took most of the day of monotonous work of going through endless papers to complete the first section. I was tired and didn’t want to tackle the next section. This was Thursday, so I decided to wait until Monday to finish the other section.
The things to get rid of were stacked on the floor, and there was a big pile of stuff by the end of the first day of old papers and junk. Then there was another stack of things to keep, not such a large stack. Then there was a small stack of papers that might be topics for future articles.
Come Monday the second section was finished; wheeeee ever so glad that was over. The papers that might give ideas for future articles were laid beside the computer. Later in the day I thumbed through them and came across an email my wife had received probably ten years ago; can’t figure out why it was still around. It was a five page email originally, but only the first two pages remained. It was entitled “Scientific facts about the Bible”; can’t say how many facts that were included originally, but there was only three listed on the two pages remaining. They were familiar because they were included in an article I’d written years before on “Why I know the Bible is the word of God.”
I laid the papers down and continued to go about my business, but couldn’t get it off my mind. So once again I picked up the papers, wishing for the other three missing pages. I brought up the word processor on the computer and wrote the first title that came to mind which is the title of the article above, “10 Incredible Things You May Not Know About the Bible.”
Beneath the title were listed the three things from the email as three separate categories. Finally four other categories came to mind, but that was it, so the title was changed to “7 Incredible Things You May Not Know About the Bible.”
When the research on the topic was completed, I then begin to write on the topics that were listed. Pretty soon it was apparent that there was a need to expand the 7 to 8. A little later I decided to add another category and finally wound up with the number 10 in the original title. After that no additional categories came to mind, so I changed the title back to “10 Incredible Things You May Not Know About the Bible.”
It was apparent by now that this was indeed an exceptional article. The more it progressed the more apparent that this would be the best article I’d ever written. It also was the longest article with over 8,000 words. Most articles on this website are kept below 1500 words, but there was no way that this article could say what it needed to say under 1,500 words, so I wrote until all thoughts were exhausted. It took a full work week to complete, but it contains a world of knowledge about the Bible that might ordinarily take someone years to learn at random.
When you spend a week of your life doing something at my age, you need to feel that it will be worthwhile. There weren’t any doubts about this week’s work. As it states above, there will be thousands who will read this in time, some atheists, some agnostics and some Bible skeptics. I truly believe that anyone seeking the truth concerning the Bible will be convinced by the time they finish this article and accept the Bible as the authentic word of God. That being the case I’m happy God gave me the insight to write this article. I hope that it will be a help to you. Please let me know in the comment section below.
Jimmie Burroughs: Founder of Christian personal development.
About the author: Jimmie Burroughs is a motivational speaker and author who has been involved in teaching Christian Personal Development for more than 30 years. There are hundreds of articles to help you on this website, Website Contents , in your person growth. If I can help you personally, please send your concerns via: Contact me.
To subscribe to blog simply click on the RSS button on the left, and copy and paste the URL of our RSS feed into your RSS reader. ARTICLE INDEX _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ © 2011 Jimmie Burroughs. All rights reserved