Website DIVISIONS (Over 600 articles to help you to grow in every facet of your life)
Written by Jimmie Burroughs Email this article to a friend
As I write this, the New Year is just 4 days away. Many make New Year’s Resolutions only to become frustrated when they seem to fall apart before the year is even well under way. Perhaps instead of depending on resolutions to map a new direction this coming year, you might try evaluating your life to determine what is presently going on that you would like to continue and develop in the New Year, also what is not going too well that you would like to discontinue.
The greatest thing to consider is the direction that you want your life to take. Think about what you would like to happen in the coming year, and what you need to do to make it happen. I like to come up with something new that I’ve not done before, or some new place to travel, or new ways to meet new people and explore new ideas.
One thing that is helpful is to recognize when your life is headed in the wrong direction or a direction you want to change and then go about making the changes that will turn you into the direction that you want. Re-evaluate your goals and values and see if they are still in step with the direction you desire for your life.
Here are some the goals and values that I want to focus on in the New Year:
- To develop more meaningful relationships
- To focus on the things that are most important to me
- To spend some of my time in foreign countries beginning next year
- To be in closer contact with my family
- To make everyday a special day
Here are some questions that I’m asking myself that you might want to consider to determine what direction you want your life to take:
- What gives you the most pleasure in life?
- What gives you a good feeling about yourself?
- What people or causes inspire you the most?
- What things do you like to do that you are good at?
- If you were to write about something, what would it be?
- What is it in your past that you have wanted to do but haven’t gotten around to yet?
- Are there challenges in your life that you have met and overcome that you would like to share with others?
- Do you have values that have helped you in life that you would like to share with others?
Planning a shift in Life Direction changes your life for the better. It gives a clear road map for where you want to go. It clarifies what you want to accomplish in life. It includes the means for bringing about the changes you want. I have the greatest confidence that you can do it. There’s no doubt, you can change your life. I have discovered, in my life, that it is far easier to plan my direction when I plan around God’s will for my life. I highly recommend that you learn how to have a connection with God in the New Year.
To subscribe to blog simply click on the RSS button on the left, and copy and paste the URL of our RSS feed into your RSS reader. ARTICLE INDEX _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ FREE Reproduction Rights – Feel free to publish this article on your website as long as the following information is included at the end of the article:
Ads by Google
JimmieBurroughs.com is founded and maintained by Jimmie Burroughs Nashville, Tennessee. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ © 2011 Jimmie Burroughs. All rights reserved